In other news...

tkdguy

22 hours ago, Cygnia said:

21 hours ago, Duke Bushido said:

She should market that thing!

I'd pay a premium to actually have a cellphone my mother-in-law could understand how to use.

Forget mother-in-law, I want that for myself! That's all I ever wanted a telephone for. My primary 'phone is a land-line. I have an antique flip-'phone, but I literally used it only for emergencies. Most of the time I don't even turn it on.

38 minutes ago, archer said:

In response to Freedom of Information requests, Defense Intelligence Agency releases 154 pages of test results detailing that the Pentagon has been testing debris from UFO crashes.

https://www.the-sun.com/news/2321251/pentagon-admits-testing-wreckage-ufo-crashes/

This was published in the Sun? Yeah, I think I'll wait to see the documents. :rolleyes:

Nobody can Drive in Portland Snow.

https://www.wweek.com/outdoors/2021/02/12/hey-midwestern-transplants-you-cant-drive-in-portland-snow-either/

And Tri-Met, the local transit authority, has shut down everything. No buses, no light rail, no paratransit -- Nada. And it's better that way. although it bothers me that I can;t even walk oputside without running into visibility and cold issues, much less trying to keep my fotting in this mess.

1 hour ago, Lord Liaden said:

Forget mother-in-law, I want that for myself! That's all I ever wanted a telephone for. My primary 'phone is a land-line. I have an antique flip-'phone, but I literally used it only for emergencies. Most of the time I don't even turn it on.

Shortly after acquiring an iPhone I downloaded a rotary dial app to it, purely for the sake of irony.  Unfortunately, using a rotary dial means... remembering phone numbers.

2 hours ago, archer said:

Thank you for the links. I'm seeing much information about the composition, properties, and potential uses of experimental materials. So far I haven't found anything that confirms any of these materials are or are based on recoveries from UFO sites. If you can cite a specific passage from this document to that effect, or refer me to such documentation, I'd love to see it.

24 minutes ago, Lord Liaden said:

Thank you for the links. I'm seeing much information about the composition, properties, and potential uses of experimental materials. So far I haven't found anything that confirms any of these materials are or are based on recoveries from UFO sites. If you can cite a specific passage from this document to that effect, or refer me to such documentation, I'd love to see it.

The first and second paragraphs of the first link.

"Requesting all test results from the UAP material"

UAP is the abbreviation for Unidentified Aerial Phenomena.

10 hours ago, Old Man said:

Shortly after acquiring an iPhone I downloaded a rotary dial app to it, purely for the sake of irony.  Unfortunately, using a rotary dial means... remembering phone numbers.

There are a number of slide rule apps available for both Android and Apple phones, if you're feeling particularly nostalgic.

12 hours ago, Old Man said:

My old iPhone 4S still has an Windows-like app (boots like Windows, and sounds like it too) on it with IE and Minesweeper. 

22 hours ago, Lord Liaden said:

Occam quite happy you are using his razor. Don't sweat returning it -- he's got plenty, just like the Barber of Russellville.