tkdguy

4 hours ago, L. Marcus said:

They can, but they have no hang time.

55 minutes ago, Old Man said:

Here, I can rewrite it:

”Crocodile flies out of zoo van and Chaos descends on Florida traffic.”

Better?

31 minutes ago, archer said:

If it makes you feel any better, White Crocodiles Can't Jump.

10 minutes ago, Pariah said:

Sure sounds like a croc to me!

Oh, it's a crock of something, all right. :tsk:

7 hours ago, L. Marcus said:

They can, but they have no hang time.

oh on the contrary they do. In fact we have a decades long tourist attraction for jumping crocs (with hang time) and photos in the local newspaper have made international news. 

3 hours ago, Pariah said:

Sure sounds like a croc to me!

You speak wisely. 

On 2/23/2022 at 9:29 PM, Bazza said:

Brutus the jumping croc on the front page of the paper.

(and the photo with the caption “g’day bait” is real too.)

Now that's not a fair example. The croc is leaping out of water. It has that huge tail to propel it, like a fish or a whale. Not at all like jumping on dry land.

On 2/16/2022 at 4:07 PM, Cygnia said:

An update from my local comic shop...dunno how other shops will be handling their copies.

It is with this in mind that we have decided to raffle off the copies we recieve, with 100% off the money going to the Hero Initiative as per George’s wishes. The book is slated to be releasd on March 16th, and we will wait until we have the books in hand to begin the raffle. If all goes according to the shipping schedule, tickets will be available from Wednesday March 16th until Sunday March 20th. We will draw the winners at 6 pm on the 20th on Facebook Live. (you don’t have to be in the feed to win.) Tickets will be $5 each with no limit, and we prefer people come in to fill out their own ticket stub. We will not accept ticket orders over the phone from people we do not know, we would like the books to go to someone in our community. I will start this off with a $500 (ticket free) donation to the Heroes Initiative out of my own pocket. I met George when I was twelve, and that smile of his gets burned into your memory forever. We understand if people might not agree with how we are handling this, but it’s our call and it’s all about the wishes of this guy.

On 2/26/2022 at 11:18 AM, Lord Liaden said:

Now that's not a fair example. The croc is leaping out of water. It has that huge tail to propel it, like a fish or a whale. Not at all like jumping on dry land.

I don't know about crocs, but gators are good climbers at least. Imagine walking out to your car, then looking up to see a gator on your carport, or leering at you from the top of your shed. . .