Marvel Cinematic Universe, Phase Three and BEYOOOOONND

Bazza

• Replies 11.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

31 minutes ago, Pattern Ghost said:

It's not so much for the weight it carries, as it being the other nerd outrage gripe. Kind of like bookends. :D

Well, what I mean is that "other nerd outrage gripe" carries no weight--i.e., is meaningless--because Thor had no way of knowing that embedding Stormbreaker in Thanos' chest wouldn't kill him. Now that he knows better (assuming Thanos' taunt can even be trusted), I'm sure he won't make that mistake in Endgame.

51 minutes ago, zslane said:

Well, what I mean is that "other nerd outrage gripe" carries no weight--i.e., is meaningless

It was just a joke pointing out the other nerd rage gripe. They're both stupid gripes. I wasn't in any way supporting the Thor thing. I was mocking both gripes.

Edit: But I don't want to in any way shame you for your continuing nerd rage about the misplaced nerd rage about Thor not aiming for the head. :D

15 hours ago, Old Man said:

Admittedly, I've rarely embedded axes in people's chests so I can't draw any generalized conclusions about how another individual would react to an axe embedded in their chest.

No, but Thor should be able to, IMO.

In the absence of specific information to the contrary, Thor can't be faulted for relying on an attack which (extensive) experience taught him would almost certainly be lethal.

1 minute ago, Pattern Ghost said:

The only reason I can see for Portman wanting back in is so that she can be Jane Foster Thor and grrl power it up. No thanks. I don't want her anywhere near the MCU. I'm fine with the female Thor storyline being done in the MCU, but they can recast Jane.

Yup. I'm thinking she's heard of the comics and went 'lead? hello?'

I'm with you. New Jane Foster, whether they power her up or not.

And yes, bring back Sif, she's being wasted in limbo

23 hours ago, Pattern Ghost said:

We need a Thor poster that says, "You should have aimed for the head" to go with that one.

In the comics, Wolverine went for the heart rather than doing the obvious thing and cutting of Thanos's arm.

That one irked me for a really long time.

13 hours ago, L. Marcus said:

Does anyone know the state of education on other species' anatomy and physiology in Asgard when Thor grew up?

You'd think that a few centuries of combat experience would clue him in to the vulnerable areas of a humanoid, even if his formal combat training had been lacking.

9 hours ago, Starlord said:

Speaking of Eternals

Angelina Jolie in talks

She's already 45 years old and they're talking about signing her up to play an non-aging character over a movie arc that might last 15 or 20 years?

I'd rather them sign a complete unknown who they could get cheap for at least two movies and who could pass for someone who doesn't age for the amount of time she's likely to play the character.

10 minutes ago, Greywind said:

You'd think Wolverine would realize Thanos doesn't have a heart.

LOL

As Thanos was portrayed in the comics at the time, his chest was so thick that it wasn't even a certainty that Wolverine's claws would reach deep enough to reach Thanos's heart if it happened to be in the part of Thanos's chest where Wolverine obviously assumed it was. And Wolverine made no effort to rip or dig around. He just stuck the claws in and struck a pose as if thinking, "Okay, you're dead now."

In contrast, you can actually see Thanos's arm and tell whether you cut it off successfully or not.