Question: What is your heroes area of operation?

Cassandra

Typically, worldwide, although focusing on the south Pacific, Antarctica and Australia. Basically where other heroes aren't.

Of course the South Pacific includes Nouvelle-Calédonie, Polynésie française,  Isla de Pascua and American Samoa, which brings French, Chilean and US heroes (and villains) into the picture. The Chileans rarely come into the picture, but there can be quite a bit of dancing around jurisdictions with the French and US.

Australian and New Zealand heroes tend to work together well, with a couple of exceptions. Other local heroes, where they exist, tend to work and sometimes train with the Aussies and Kiwis, the local superpower superpowers.

I haven't paid much attention to the Indian Ocean.

One city and some 30 miles outside it, and a few trips to one shot places.  Two of them needed EDM to get there and back.  A bad guy that was a pain with some thing that looked like

--- Killing Attack - Ranged 3d6, Area Of Effect (4m Radius; +1/4), Transdimensional (Single Dimension; +1/2), MegaScale (1m = 1 km; +1) (124 Active Points)

the MegaScale (1m = 1 km) was on the AoE.

Pop shot at the city  :(

and an elder god like thing dumping its trash.

Our superhero group was based in Seattle, active mostly over the Puget Sound area, occasional forays further afield but only crossed further than adjacent state/province once or twice, IIRC.  Well, we also went into space once.

Every superhero group I have ever run are centered around a major city where we (the group) actually lives.  It makes it easier to say "You are at the MN State fair with your family, what are you doing?" And everyone is very specific about what they are doing and where because we have all been to the MN State Fair.  Same goes for other famous locations.

The adventures can range outside of the main city and go into the rural parts of the state.  Over 20+ years of running I have never run out of locations and things for the players to encounter and deal with.  I have had two dimension/time hopping adventures.  One everyone hated and the other one worked out ok.

I live outside of Boston, and near as I can remember there is no official write up for any super hero group out of Boston in any Champions Universe product.  So my PCs are based in Boston, and the local super team is the BHL (Boston Heroes League).

My current PC group started out in Millennium City but began heading further afield as they gained more experience points and could handle bigger threats.

They've gone around the world, into the distant past (as far back as the Turakian Age) and to the ends of Reality. Their current adventure has the team on Malva, challenging three of the Phazor's best gladiators to a match (and one of their opponents is Firewing).