Favorite Songs used in Superhero movies

Hermit

Just what it says on the title, what songs in superhero movies have been your favorite ? I'm not talking purely instrumental or orchestral music (Though there are some great ones of those)) as they get plenty of praise.

But song have you heard (Perhaps for the first time) in a superhero movie, and be it original or a cover, you just fell in love with it even if the movie itself was meh? 

I can say right now, my favorite song in a superhero movie (and it was a GOOD superhero movie) is Vindicated by Dashboard Confessional in Spider-Man 2. You can tell it was made for the movie, but wow, the words really stuck a chord with me. They still do. 

But I could make a list of top five if others do :)

4 minutes ago, Pariah said:

My first instinct is to post "the entire soundtrack from The Incredibles", but that's probably cheating.

I'll go with "Kiss From a Rose" from Batman Forever. Arguably the best thing about that movie.

The Batman forever sound track was good imo.. "Kiss from a Rose" stands out, but I did enjoy a lot of those songs :) Michael Hutchence's cover of "The Passenger" and Massive Attack's Cover of "The Hunter Gets Captured by the Game" were two of my favorites on the sound track

It would help if we had a list of songs that people remember from Superhero movies.

Kiss from a Rose by Seal from Batman Forever leaps out

as does Face to Face by Siouxsie and the Banshees from Batman Returns. (for me at least)

Iron Man from Iron Man and Shoot to Thrill from Avengers Assemble as well as Live to Rise by Soundgarden

Then there is Hero by Chad Kroegar and Josey Scott from Spiderman

And Heathens by 21 Pilots from Suicide Squad

Cherry Bomb by the Runaways from the first Guardians of the Galaxy.  Great movie, great use of music with it.

(Can't You) Trip Like I Do? by Filter & The Crystal Method from the Spawn soundtrack.  Not such a great movie, but this song and John Leguizamo as the Clown were good.

Does Scott Pilgrim vs. the World count as a superhero movie?  Bit of a stretch, but it had some good music including Getting Boring by the Sea by the Blood Red Shoes and Black Sheep by Metric.

+1 for Danny Elfman's Batman theme.  Beautifully melded with the movie's visuals.  A thoroughly worthy successor to the 1960s TV theme.

+1 for John Williams' Superman theme.  Heck, +1000 for anything written by Williams.  If there's ever a Champions movie, we need him to do the soundtrack.

Batman Forever had more than a few good moments--most of them belonging to Nicole Kidman.  But I did like U2's song for the soundtrack--"Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me."  I wouldn't mind if an instrumental version of this was the theme for a new Batman TV series.  I tried to come with some Batman-centric lyrics for that song--

You Know Him When You See Him,

He's Gotham's Darkest Knight,

And When The Bad Guys Come To Town,

That's When The Bat Takes Flight,

--and that's as far as I got.:unsure:

Hope that helps.

Speaking of such things, why did Marvel change the music in Guardians of the Galaxy 2 where Rocket is taking out the Reaver team in the forest from Sweet’s “Fox on the Run”  the way I saw it in the theaters to Glen Campbell’s “Southern Nights” like I’m seeing it on cable now?   

I know the answer probably boils down to money, but does anyone know the specifics?

- John Williams Superman theme is the greatest superhero orchestral piece.

- Heathens, 21 Pilots, Suicide Squad

- What I've done, Linkin Park, Transformers

- Pray for Me, Kendrick Lamar, Black Panther

- Iron Man, Black Sabbath, Iron Man

- Hurt, Johnny Cash, Logan

- Flash, Queen, Flash Gordon

- Immigrant Song, Led Zeppelin, Thor Ragnarok

Can we do tv shows, because:

9 minutes ago, Christopher R Taylor said:

I agree, the Hulk's "Lonely Man" piano theme is really beautiful.

I liked the Iron Man main theme as well.  But I probably am thinking of different concept of "song" than the OP meant.

" I'm not talking purely instrumental or orchestral music (Though there are some great ones of those)) as they get plenty of praise. "

You might be. :) But if folks insist then who am I to spoil their fun?

Though might want to have them in two different 'top fives' on that.. there's so many good options all around.