Coronavirus

Steve

Lady P and the kids attended her friend's funeral today. I wasn't able to go due to impending end-of-quarter stuff, but I watched on Zoom. That was better than nothing.

I wish he hadn't been so tragically misled by all of those people he should have been able to trust. I wish there weren't so many people so passionately committed to the lies that are keeping us from ending this stupid [REDACTED] pandemic once and for all.

6 hours ago, Cygnia said:

Unfortunate it has to be this way, but not even slightly surprising.

Take that back.  What's surprising is that this is the first such I've heard of, altho admittedly that's not saying a whole lot.  I like the suit, in that there's no mention of damages, so the parent's not doing it for money or vengeance.  Nope...just a mask requirement.

Not sure if I'd rather the parents win...or the school board settles before trial and passes the order themselves.  That'd render the case moot, I think, so...no trial, no argument, no decision.  Long term, the best situation would be to win at trial and at least start some precedence momentum, but for the kids in that district, it'd clearly be better to get a mask order up ASAP.

5 hours ago, Cygnia said:

THIS is why I don't blame the disease;  I blame the people who choose *ridiculous* actions like prohibiting local mask mandates.  

4 hours ago, Cygnia said:

And this is her treatment regimen:

“I am taking lots of vitamins ABCD & Quercitin & zinc citrate. Vit E and aspirin to reduce clotting. I am blessed to have gotten Ivirmectin the ‘de -covider,’” she wrote.

So if we see that she dies, would that make her eligible for a Drawin Award?

On 10/14/2021 at 7:58 PM, unclevlad said:

THIS is why I don't blame the disease;  I blame the people who choose *ridiculous* actions like prohibiting local mask mandates.  

MIAMI (WSVN) - A Miami school that made headlines for saying it would penalize teachers who got the COVID-19 vaccine is now requiring students who get vaccinated to remain home for 30 days after each dose.

Parents of students at the Centner Academy recently received a letter from its Chief Operating Officer that read in part, “…if you are considering the vaccine for your Centner Academy student(s), we ask that you hold off until the Summer when there will be time for the potential transmission or shedding onto others to decrease.”

The letter also spelled out a quarantine rule for parents who still choose to vaccinate their children.

“Because of the potential impact on other students and our school community, vaccinated students will need to stay at home for 30 days post-vaccination for each dose and booster they receive and may return to school after 30 days as long as the student is healthy and symptom-free.”

Centner Academy first made headlines in April when the school’s owners told their staff to hold off on getting vaccinated.

“We’re not telling teachers that they can’t get [the vaccine], we’re just simply asking that they hold off a little bit,” said Joshua Hills, a parent and Centner Academy employee, back in April.

From Newsweek:

The school defended the policy, writing: "Centner Academy's top priorities are our students' well-being and their safety within our educational environment."

If that was the case, then they'd require teachers and staff to be vaccinated.  This has nothing to do with the students.

17 hours ago, Lord Liaden said:

The entire administration of a private school not only spreading disinformation, but enacting policy which will have exactly the opposite effect of its stated intent.

This is the education for their children that parents are paying extra money for. :(

We sent our kids to private schools, but thankfully with less-asinine rules related to vaccinations and other Covid precautions.  Once vaccines became available they were strongly encouraged (though not mandated).  Any kids displaying Covid symptoms were required to self quarantine for 14 days.  One such kid came to a Clay Targets shooting event anyway, and once he was spotted by the head coach, was sent home as fast as we could get a parent there to get him.  He also got a good chewing-out, and oh boy was it a doozy since the coach is also a retired drill instructor.

3 hours ago, Matt the Bruins said:

I'd be withdrawing my kid(s) from Plague Rat Academy, and hoping the lawsuit to get the tuition money back would finish up before the last person on faculty with check-signing authority gets put on a ventilator.

They may well get burned by this policy.  They're located in Miami.  

https://covidactnow.org/us/florida-fl/county/miami_dade_county/?s=24401354

Almost 75% fully vaccinated;  approaching 90% has received at least one dose.  The area apparently had a horrific summer;  the peak on August 15th was nightmarishly high.  But it's dropped down massively since.  

One of the local Miami TV stations had a story where they reported

The parents Local 10 News spoke with who said they had children enrolled at the school last year said Monday they have already pulled them out and enrolled them in different schools this academic school year.

That said, there are no sound conclusions to be drawn just from that...biased sample?  How many?  Lying by omission...was it all the parents or just some?  In a similar vein, they tried to talk to the owners/founders;  a time was set, and the founders didn't show.  Again...more than one interpretation possible.  Lots of smoke there, tho.

It hasn't even been a full day since Colin Powell has passed away from complications of COVID19, and Fox News is already using his death to spread misinformation about vaccines. This is what CNN anchor Don Lemon had to say about that.

Meanwhile, Michael Gunner, Chief Minister of Australia's Northern Territory had some choice words for Senator Ted Cruz.

13 hours ago, tkdguy said:

It hasn't even been a full day since Colin Powell has passed away from complications of COVID19, and Fox News is already using his death to spread misinformation about vaccines. This is what CNN anchor Don Lemon had to say about that.

Can't recall any time I've seen anyone so thoroughly disgusted on air.  

Got to agree with almost the first thing he said...Fox Propaganda Network.  Or perhaps we could call it Fox Strawman Network.

I have no idea if this will have any teeth, but...

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/10/19/world/americas/bolsonaro-pandemic-investigation-brazil.html

Oct. 19, 2021
Updated 2:57 p.m. ET
BRASÍLIA, Brazil —  A Brazilian congressional panel is set to recommend mass homicide charges against President Jair Bolsonaro, asserting that he intentionally let the coronavirus rip through the country and kill hundreds of thousands in a failed bid to achieve herd immunity and revive Latin America’s largest economy.

A report from a congressional investigation, excerpts from which were viewed by The New York Times ahead of its scheduled release this week, also recommends criminal charges against 69 other people, including three of Mr. Bolsonaro’s sons and numerous current and former government officials.