What type of villian scares you the most??

Stone

Kinda related to the "Whos the baddest Mutha in your campaign" post.

I was wondering what type of villian scares your group or you the most when the fight begins? For my group, hands down its the Egoist. The second is a villian with an area effect entangle.

Anybody else??

baddist villian?

Hands down, the Egoist with no conscience. A very normal physical speciman, but amazing ranged ego powers. Provides months of anguish and torture to your valiant PCs as you slowly, torturiuosly disable each character, disad by disad. It is also a great way to motivate your PCs to use some other skill besides Offensive Strike. Secondly, I love Agents. PCs almost always underestimate the value of a well trained and coordinated group of motivated humans. With the right equipment available, and the choice of terrain, a good squad of agents can seriously abuse some unorganized PCs.

I think well equiped agents are the most dangerous because they are the least scary. I didn't realize how effective the Bivtec 3in1 combat weapon was until the PCs were all entangled or stunned. With enough agents holding phases, they kept up with my much more powerful PCs until the Next to Last Vampire Hunter broke free and cleaned house. It could have gone either way if I hadn't wanted the PCs to win this minor scrap and contine on.

Good thing the Next to Last Vampire Hunter was there (and I ignored a few agent's recoveries.)

But what my players are scared of? Hamsters. Giant undead cyber-hamsters on BMW R75/3s with sidecars.

I fear Egoists most. They are the ones that can make you attack your teammates or your teammates attack you. I hate it when I am not in complete control.

Drainers can be annoying, but it is just a different kind of damage.

Both kind of characters get my biggest and best attacks to take them out quickly before they do even more damage to the team.

Tasha :)

Transforms, mental powers and flashs all tend to be nasty because they're often against low defences and transforms can be permanent, mental powers are often totally debilitating or worse and flashs can be spread and seriously impair large chunks of a team in one hit.

I've got two: If I'm playing a brick, the Egoist is typically the worst opponent. I'm I'm playing anything else, the Brick is the worst. I can dodge that guy for two full turns and chip away at him, but then suddenly he'll nail me with one shot and put my characters through the walls.

Guest Keneton

Amoral villains (sort of an oxymoron). Mechanon, Mechana, or some cuthulu style horror. They do what they do with no regard for human life. They arre emotionless and unfeeling. The mechanical villain like mechanon leaves few choices in that if he defeats the chracters he is most likely going to kill them.

Whe I wrote Unearthed Mechana, this was a real concern for me. How to deal with a mechanical horror that does not share her masters sense of megalomania.

Pure logical killing machine. Very bad!

:eek:

Originally posted by Hermit

As I am most often GM, I fear NO villain! HAHAHAHAHA!

Tragically, immediately after making this post the well known Millennial Master known as "Hermit" was drawn through a dimensional portal by Takofanes the Undying Lord and replaced in this reality with a magically disguised golem piloted by a sentient mouse known as "Brian." The real Hermit's location and status is as of yet unknown. He will be missed.

Originally posted by OddHat

Tragically, immediately after making this post the well known Millennial Master known as "Hermit" was drawn through a dimensional portal by Takofanes the Undying Lord and replaced in this reality with a magically disguised golem piloted by a sentient mouse known as "Brian." The real Hermit's location and status is as of yet unknown. He will be missed.

We have this statement from "Brian.": "BRAIN! My name is Brain! NOT BRIAN!"

:D

• 4 weeks later...