The Flash

Greywind

Barry had an easy victory against Deathstorm that he completely missed. When he first runs in to the warehouse, Barry could simply have torn the matrix from Ronnie. Instant separation. As long as Barry holds the matrix, no Deathstorm. Other than that, a really good episode.

Barry on the phone with his mom was tearing me up.

Glad to see Wally is still around and trying to make a relationship with his dad (not a buddy).

The episode was OK, but the writers still have the characters being idiots.

Barry and Cisco decide Wells-2's daughter's life is worth abandoning their own city for a while and leaving it at the mercy of whatever metahumans come along while they're gone -- which may be forever if they get killed or trapped on the other side!  Fine. Then they get to Earth-2 and Barry is more interested in going out to dinner than in saving Wells-2's daughter, while Cisco is trying to find himself instead of trying to find Zoom. And when Wells points this out and asks Cisco to get on task, Cisco rolls his eyes! Are these characters 14 years old? The sure act like it!

• 2 weeks later...

From AV Club, don't open spoiler unless you've seen the most recent episode (with Zoom reveal)

Barry needs to put a new question on the application for next year’s STAR Labs mentor: “Are you secretly a speedster who wants to kill me? Because we’re really not hiring any more of those.”

Also don't open the spoiler and read the article unless you have seen latest Flash episode (with Zoom reveal)

‘The Flash’ Boss on Shocking Zoom Reveal: ‘He Played Them All’

http://variety.com/2016/tv/news/the-flash-zoom-jay-garrick-hunter-zolomon-identity-revealed-1201713314/

From Jan 26th this year:

Did The Flash just reveal Zoom's identity?

http://www.ew.com/article/2016/01/26/flash-hunter-zolomon-zoom-spoilers

So is...

Jay a twin on both Earths? That would explain the Jay-in-the-iron mask prisoner, and that nobody Jay on the park bench. Of course, it could always be time-travel.

Why...

didn't Jay kill Barry? He had more than enough opportunity.

did Jay fake his death and close the portal? How will he kill Barry now?

So is...

Jay a twin on both Earths? That would explain the Jay-in-the-iron mask prisoner, and that nobody Jay on the park bench. Of course, it could always be time-travel.

Why...

didn't Jay kill Barry? He had more than enough opportunity.

did Jay fake his death and close the portal? How will he kill Barry now?

I'm guessing...

It's a twin thing, with Jay Garrick and Zoom both being twins from Earth-2, and the guy in the iron mask maybe being the twin of the nobody Jay on the park bench from Earth-1.

I'm also wondering if Jay lied about being a speedster before starting to use Velocity-6 to increase his speed.  Maybe he never had speed powers to begin with, but took Velocity-6 to try and stop his psychotic sibling.

Seems to me that with 52 Earths out there, Zoom could be from any of them, and could easily have grabbed several different Jay Garrick's and imprisoned them in an effort to drain the speed from any of those who had it. The version in the mask could have once had the Speed Force, and the poor mute you see now may be what's left after Zoom extracted it from him. I'm sure Zoom also looked for any Barry Allens who had the Speed Force on other Earths. Leads one to wonder if he knew to look for Wally Wests too...