In other news...

tkdguy

20 minutes ago, Pattern Ghost said:

Google search reveals: That's the most sane-looking picture of that guy available.

Ehhh....not really.

https://www.bbc.com/news/58486790

And search on the guy's name...there's plenty of shots where he's relaxed.  Some that could be interpreted badly, like the one in the first article posted...if you wanted to go out of your way to read it that way.  And since that was in an Irish paper...with a *green* harp symbol?  

I don't think I'm being excessively over-sensitive by imputing a degree of editorial commentary there......  YMMV.

11 hours ago, unclevlad said:

He looks like he's about to have some kind of mental breakdown in that pic too. Some folks just have crazy face. Not judging, mind you. Poor guy's just not photogenic.

11 hours ago, unclevlad said:

I don't think I'm being excessively over-sensitive by imputing a degree of editorial commentary there......  YMMV.

Heck no. You know they didn't go looking for a flattering pic for their article. Common tactic. I apologize if you thought I thought otherwise. I was just having a bit of fun. :)

This may be part of why many non-Catholic Christian denominations prefer married clergy. Actually, I'm pretty sure one of the New Testament Epistles, giving instruction on organizing new congregations, insists on a Bishop who is married to only one wife and has no concubines, mistresses, sex slaves, etc. I've never understood why Catholics demand celibate clergy.

15 hours ago, Cygnia said:

At the height of his success SNL was not being broadcast in Britain so his career basically passed us by. I have seen the Weekend Update bits since about Michael Jackson and O J Simpson and a lot of that was either close to the bone or crossed the line. If he is remembered for anything it will be the classic line 'Well it's official, murder is now legal in the state of California'.