DC Movies- if at first you don't succeed...

Cassandra

Actually Tony faced Nefaria alone in his own title and beat him. Don't remember the specifics though. It was around issue 105 - 117. 

He has also beaten the Hulk, although he had to trash his armor to do it.

Which kept Madame Masque out of Tony's bed ever after since it lead to Nefaria being dead,

Which kept Madame Masque out of Tony's bed ever after since it lead to Nefaria being dead,

I thought it had but wasn't sure.

Is Nefaria still dead?   It is comic books after all, Only Uncle Ben stays dead forever. It used to be Uncle Ben and Bucky but ... well ... <shrug> ... Marvel.

I distinctly recall Tony telling the Avengers who first fought Count Nefaria to sit the next one out and let him handle it by himself. He assumed he would do better than Cap, Black Panther, Wonder Man, Beast, Yellowjacket, and the Scarlet Witch together when it came to a rematch.

There was a plot/character point behind that, which the series later expanded on. Stark had been feeling guilty over taking so much time to deal with personal problems and issues with his company, that he felt he'd been neglecting his Avengers duties. So when he returned to the team after Nefaria stomped the other Avengers, he tried to make up for that by taking on Nefaria alone.

Nefaria ended up being one-shot by Vision as I recall.

In a way. Vision employed his biggest finishing move, the "fall from near-orbit at maximum density." And he landed on Nefaria when the Count was already dazed from taking multiple hits from the other Avengers, including Iron Man and Thor.

So, how did the DC thread get taken over by Marvel?   :think:

I'm pretty sure it started when someone criticized DC for not doing things the Marvel way. That opened the door to counter-arguments about the benefits of the Marvel way. And then the counter-counter-arguments, and so on...

It's the epic failure of the DCMU to hold our interest.  :winkgrin:

I have a lot of interest in it, but the title is how the thing is dooomed, DOOMED to fail...and all DC movies, because they are not great, cannot be entertaining. Wonder Woman will fail, CrASH!! because... you know, DC... and they got the wrong war! And Gal isn't stacked like Lynda Carter! Or muscled up like Rhonda Rousey! And... you know, ..that Chris Pine guy will be in it.

So ... great new trailer comes out! Two folks get exicted, third immediately assures us that trailers mean nothing and DOOOMED!! (Yes, trailers can be misleading...but we don't even get to enjoy them until we know for sure)

Speaking for myself, it's not a fun thread to be in if you don't agree with the premise of the title ;)

DOOOOOOOOMED!

It's kind of fun to say though

DOOOOOMED!

They got the invisible plane wrong... it's the wrong model! I can't see it, but I'm sure they got the nose cone wrong!

What, you say there is no invisible Jet in this? How could they leave it out?!!! Anything would have been better than nothing!

DOOOOOMED!

I hold out hope that DC cinematic will turn things around but not until they shuffle around people in charge.  The numbers I've seen show DC outselling Marvel significantly and their comics seem to be run quite well.  They need to put some of that talent and mindset to work in the movies.

This,, I do agree with. While I have enjoyed some of the same movies others have scorned, I do admit they could be better.

And I can understand some bitterness, particularly towards Snyder who does seem to be a poster boy for "but my .. my vision!" when fans say "That's not what we want" both online and with their wallets.

DC Comics got the message, and even admitted "In our pursuit of what we hoped would be great ideas, we lost something... and we hear you saying so. Let's go get it back... come with us." And readers did, and damn.... it's working great.

DC Movie execs (And Snyder) on the other hand seem very out of sync with the public, but rather than adjusting as the comic book side of things did and getting themselves in sync with it, they insist the fans just need to get with the program.

And that dog don't hunt.

That said, Wonder Woman has color (At least on Paradise Island), some humor (At least in the trailers), KICK ASS ACTION SCENES!...

and a different director!

I am actually looking more forward to it more than I am GoTG 2....and I LOVED Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 1

They got the invisible plane wrong... it's the wrong model! I can't see it, but I'm sure they got the nose cone wrong!

What, you say there is no invisible Jet in this? How could they leave it out?!!! Anything would have been better than nothing!

What do you mean, the invisible jet isn't in there?  It flies through every scene!  Or if it's an indoor scene, it's parked in the background.