Political Discussion Thread (With Rules)

Simon

I am curious to see how Hillary will contain her husband. I get that I didn't vote for Bill (yay early voting), but he's still going to be around the office, and he's still gross. He's at least 70% the sexual predator Donald is. (They both enjoyed repeat flights on the infamous "Lolita Express", for example)

Maybe she'll appoint him Ambassador to France. That's how the Founding Fathers handled their randy old goat.

*shrugs*. When I was in 9th grade, we were encouraged to take part in service opportunities, one of which was helping out at a retirement home. Very old people. And many of my female classmates complained about the old men grabbing butts.

Old doesn't mean tamed.

Well, where I work, when I first started (2003).  2nd shift did consist of early-20s women, and semi-retired old men.  Never saw grabbing, but they definitely flirt.

Has the FBI declared war on Clinton? Why on earth would they choose to release files about Bill Clinton pardoning Marc Rich now?  Why not December?

This is a weird twist at the end of a long and weird campaign.  

I was a bit surprised about that myself.

Frankly I'm now very disappointed that Giant Meteor Third Party isn't making a more concentrated effort.

Question from one continent away: What happend to Jill Stein's campaign? When I was in the States during the summer she was oracled at 5 to 10 percent maybe. Now I don't hear anything about her anymore (at least in Germany) but for some strange reason about some guy on the right who came from outta nowhere and could be the guy who takes votes from Trump.

Is that by any chance the libertarian who didn't knwo who, where or what Aleppo is?

So: What happend to Stein?

Who is this candidate out from the cold?

And who, where or what is Aleppo? ;-)

Question from one continent away: What happend to Jill Stein's campaign? When I was in the States during the summer she was oracled at 5 to 10 percent maybe. Now I don't hear anything about her anymore (at least in Germany) but for some strange reason about some guy on the right who came from outta nowhere and could be the guy who takes votes from Trump.

Is that by any chance the libertarian who didn't knwo who, where or what Aleppo is?

So: What happend to Stein?

Who is this candidate out from the cold?

And who, where or what is Aleppo? ;-)

The "candidate out from the cold" is Evan McMullin. He is only doing well in one state: Utah. In fact, I'm not sure he's on the ballot in any other state.

McMullin is doing well because he is a member of the church that dominates Utah.  You could argue that it is wrong to vote for anybody based on their religion, but there you go.  Moreover, lots of members of that church really hate Trump. They think he is skeevy and does not represent their moral values. So, McMullin is a protest vote.

As far as Stein, I think a lot of people who were voting for here were disaffected Sanders voters. The Clinton campaign has a made a fair effort to bring them home. Again, the threat of Trump.

The "candidate out from the cold" is Evan McMullin. He is only doing well in one state: Utah. In fact, I'm not sure he's on the ballot in any other state.

According to Politico:

McMullin, who is concentrating his campaigning in the Mountain West, is on the ballot in 11 states and registered as a write-in in others. So, he says that on Election Day, “the total number of states in which votes can be counted for me is 43.”