Political Discussion Thread (With Rules)

Simon

I doubt Sanders would have done better (though he might have been more popular).  History isn't on the Democrats side for three term wins in modern politics.  The Republicans could probably field an inanimate carbon rod and get similar results.  And frankly I wish they had.

World markets are already getting a bit skittish.  Let's see how this all plays out.

I am crushed.

Full disclosure: I have been volunteering for the Hillary Clinton campaign this year. And I was a regular donor. Even today I made 100 calls to Ohio trying to get out the vote.

I decided not to get into this thread before today because the campaign had become too personal for me. Right now I feel that all my work and efforts have come to nothing.

Am I feeling suicidal? Maybe I bit. I really want to die right now.

I am crushed.

Full disclosure: I have been volunteering for the Hillary Clinton campaign this year. And I was a regular donor. Even today I made 100 calls to Ohio trying to get out the vote.

I decided not to get into this thread before today because the campaign had become too personal for me. Right now I feel that all my work and efforts have come to nothing.

Am I feeling suicidal? Maybe I bit. I really want to die right now.

You got involved and you did your best.  Even if Trumplestilskin takes it then you can hold your head up high and say "I cared".  

The markets are crashing already in response to the likelihood of a Trump presidency. I would note that he promised to declare China a currency manipulator(and impose tariffs on Chinese products) on his first day in office. Great. I always wondered what the difference between a recession and a depression was.

I thought about posting this story, and during the time that I waited, the amount in the title increased to 800 points (it was at 500 points when they made the video in the article).

http://www.nbcnews.com/business/economy/dow-futures-plunge-600-points-election-night-jitters-n680766

Well, I will say, my best case scenario was always.  Trump wins, gets immediately impeached upon inauguration, and mike Pence takes over.

I  think Pence would basically be running things anyways (until Trump gets jealous and fires him or something)  - and I'm ok with that.  My beef has always been how foolish Trump would make America look on the world stage.  America may forget everything stupid he's said or done (or at least apparently not care about it, which we knew over a year ago) but the WORLD won't.  

Well, I will say, my best case scenario was always.  Trump wins, gets immediately impeached upon inauguration, and mike Pence takes over.

Think the United States is divided now? Starting Trump's term with impeachment proceedings will make it worse.

I believe there's a good chance the best case scenario may be that Trump doesn't want to do the actual work of governance, and let's Pence handle it. I mean, Mike Pence probably isn't anyone's ideal of a leader... but he isn't Donald Trump.

EDIT: more or less echoing DasBroot.