Need another name for Juggernaut...

Dr. MID-Nite

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Need another name for Juggernaut...

The goddess Gaia' date=' actually. But good choice, he was the gold medal winner giant monster of Greek mythology.[/quote']

Ooh, Matt, it's ON! ;-)

Hera sought the aid of her grandmother Gaia in order to conceive and bear a child of herself, without the involvement of the male. This was Hera's reaction to the birth of Athene from the brow of Hera's brother-husband Zeus; when he claimed the new goddess was his offspring alone, born without the involvement of a female, Hera responded with the classic (and Classical) "anything you can do, I can do better" -- and bore Typhaon.

Actually, had Hera looked more closely into Zeus' claim she would have realized it was true only in the most technical sense; though Athene was born from Zeus' brow, he was not actually solely responsible for her conception. Athene did have two parents, but her father Zeus swallowed her mother, the Titanness Metis, alive, after she conceived.

Hera sought the aid of her grandmother Gaia in order to conceive and bear a child of herself, without the involvement of the male. This was Hera's reaction to the birth of Athene from the brow of Hera's brother-husband Zeus; when he claimed the new goddess was his offspring alone, born without the involvement of a female, Hera responded with the classic (and Classical) "anything you can do, I can do better" -- and bore Typhaon.

That's a new one on me. I'd always read the version of the myth (from Hesiod's Theogony) that had Gaia bearing Typhon to overthrow the Olympian gods in revenge for their treatment of the Gigantes. The Hera version is from the Hymn to Apollo?

Here some more ideas. If they are repeated, think of it as a seconded or third or etc.

Tsunami

Onslaught

Mammoth

Bulldozer

Bob

Avalanche

Hurricane

Unstoppable

Impact

Ram

Koloss

Steamroller