In other news...

tkdguy

3 hours ago, Cygnia said:

If you can read incest into what's a rather sweet commercial-

Well, there's no other way to phrase it:  being able to find incest in that says more about you than it could ever say about that commercial. 

Though honestly, when he pans the commercial because the kid was "where they make the finest coffee....", I knew we weren't working with a genius: there are very few volunteer workers need in urban environments, and Africa's a big place. 

1 hour ago, Duke Bushido said:

If you can read incest into what's a rather sweet commercial-

Well, there's no other way to phrase it:  being able to find incest in that says more about you than it could ever say about that commercial. 

Which is why I said--"Honi Soit Qui Mal Y Pense."

(Actually I wrote it--if I tried to say it, I'd likely mispronounce it completely.)

1 hour ago, wcw43921 said:

(Actually I wrote it--if I tried to say it, I'd likely mispronounce it completely.)

Yes; I see. 

However, between the time I opened the reply window and the time I actually got to _write_ the reply, then get pulled away again before I could finish and post the reply,.. 

Well, in a manner of speaking, you hadn't become visible to me yet.  :lol:

5 hours ago, Logan.1179 said:

My friend, I know you mean well, and stories like these are great. 

But I'm begging you, dont help normalize the term "forever home." 

It bothers me more to think we're heading toward normalizing a difference between "a home for as long as you're cute" and the care of a responsible pet owner. 

For some reason, it always annoys me about calling pets your children.  Not so much the anthromorphizing of the animal, per se.   But, even in human terms the relationship isn't really that dynamic.  Guardian, is probably most accurate.

And considering yourself, a cat's parent is just idiotic (unless maybe you actually found it as a newborn, and was the one who cared for it).  The best you can hope to be in a cats' eyes is being an almost near-equal.  :D  

On 12/16/2019 at 3:57 PM, wcw43921 said:

I say--honi soit qui mal y pense.

That's easy for YOU to say!

On 12/16/2019 at 7:30 PM, wcw43921 said:

Okay, so maybe it's hard for you to say after all. Either way, it's impossible for me to understand.

Lucius Alexander

So I fed it to a palindromedary

14 hours ago, Badger said:

For some reason, it always annoys me about calling pets your children.  Not so much the anthromorphizing of the animal, per se.   But, even in human terms the relationship isn't really that dynamic.  Guardian, is probably most accurate.

And considering yourself, a cat's parent is just idiotic (unless maybe you actually found it as a newborn, and was the one who cared for it).  The best you can hope to be in a cats' eyes is being an almost near-equal.  :D  

"Clumsy, very noisy, dang deft with cans and doors though"

1 hour ago, Cygnia said:

BMI is BS :mad:

I recall in college being at 10% body fat or so (totally ripped, 6 pack, the works) and being 25 lbs into the obese range for my 5'10" frame.

The BMI pays no attention to body composition at all and places any athlete with some muscle mass into the obese category.

It's about as useful as using a mackerel to chop down trees.