In other news...

tkdguy

Second death in five years of an MP being murdered by a member of the public. Last time it was a Labour MP, this time Conservative. He was not a nationally known figure so random attack at a time when an MP is meeting constituents to hear about their problems. He did not have a fixed location but moved the surgeries around so he could meet the people. .

https://wsvn.com/news/nikolas-cruz-pleads-guilty-to-assaulting-jail-guard-guilty-plea-for-massacre-to-come-wednesday/

If the name doesn't ring a bell, this is the Parkland shooter.  I phrase it like this because his attorneys told the judge that he would plead guilty to the Parkland charges on Wednesday.  In a related story, the families of the 17 people killed reached a settlement with the Broward County school district for negligence, for $25M to be divided.  The details weren't announced.  This isn't the entirety of the civil litigation;  there are some families pursuing separate suits.

EDIT:  wow.  This happened over 3 1/2 years ago.  Early February 2018.  it's disturbing to me that it's faded into the background SO much in just that period of time...  Or maybe it's just me.