In other news...

tkdguy

Mmm...true.  Shoulda picked Brussels sprouts.  

I actually quite enjoy a lunch salad of raw broccoli, especially the baby broc but the big crowns are fine too, and a diced apple.  Bolthouse Farms makes a variety of dressings, many of which are based on yogurt.  They're quite good on this.  Sausage on the side...some brands of chicken or turkey sausage (smoked, kielbasa) are pretty good.  Or, since one cannot ONLY eat healthy, a good summer sausage.  Perhaps a couple ounces of cheese too.

From NYT:

A former New Jersey gym owner who was the first person to plead guilty to assaulting a police officer during the attack on the Capitol in January was sentenced on Wednesday to 41 months in prison, the most severe punishment given so far to any of the more than 650 people charged in the riot.

Maybe should be more severe, but look, even if he only serves 1/3, that's over a year in jail.  I can't imagine what that would be like.  The guy was, from the sound of things, pretty solid working-class, and fairly successful.  His prison time is going to be a nightmare.  And of course, his reputation is in ashes with most.  

I think I equate many of the people in the incursion to be kinda the street-level pusher types...?  Fine, punish...they deserve some.  But they're not the big ones, mostly.  The major leaders and instigators...that's different.  LONG sentence.  Many, many, many moons.

On 11/11/2021 at 8:24 AM, L. Marcus said:

Brussel sprouts are yummy.

Brussels sprouts can be made yummy. By themselves they're rather boring.

It's a bit like the old joke whose punchline is “If I wanted to get there, I wouldn’t start from here.”

To make something yummy, start with something that isn't so boring to begin with.

On 11/11/2021 at 9:24 AM, L. Marcus said:

Brussel sprouts are yummy.

13 hours ago, assault said:

Brussels sprouts can be made yummy. By themselves they're rather boring.

It's a bit like the old joke whose punchline is “If I wanted to get there, I wouldn’t start from here.”

To make something yummy, start with something that isn't so boring to begin with.

Brussel Sprouts taste a lot milder than they used to

21 hours ago, Cygnia said:

Case study there in How to Live Under the Radar.  Initial misdirection.  Avoided some of the ways to slip up (like parents' names).  Might not work now;  public records tracking is more likely to uncover holes that lead to the cover stories unraveling.

Got to admire someone who can pull it off, tho.

On 11/12/2021 at 9:13 AM, dmjalund said:

Brussel Sprouts taste a lot milder than they used to

You can say that about most foods that people consume. Engineering has taken away our diets and been doing so for thousands of years. This works on both plants and animals, and all their byproducts.