DC Movies- if at first you don't succeed...

Cassandra

That depends. Is Feige a DC super-fan? If not then I'm sure he would let someone else take the mantle of that IP. He's already the Marvel Czar and even has a Star Wars movie in development (supposedly). His plate is full.

1 hour ago, Christopher R Taylor said:

It is interesting to me that the Superman and Lois Lane movie is getting a lot of positive fan support but its not being paid much attention either.  I really don't like CW's teen soap opera version of comic book stories but I hear they are doing a good job portraying both main characters

you can't really call Superman &Lois tv series teen soap.

I heard someone say that this superman is the best ever portrayed on TV or Movies - and that includes Christopher Reeves

i can't say they're wrong

5 hours ago, Christopher R Taylor said:

It is interesting to me that the Superman and Lois Lane movie is getting a lot of positive fan support but its not being paid much attention either.  I really don't like CW's teen soap opera version of comic book stories but I hear they are doing a good job portraying both main characters

Superman and Lois is the most un-CW show that the CW is involved with. There are teenagers in the cast who behave like teenagers, but all the adults act and react like adults, either with maturity and responsibility, or with the kinds of flaws adults suffer from. Plot, dialogue, and acting are solid across the board, and the action and visuals are almost movie quality. Perhaps best of all, the characters are treated with respect and true to their heritage, while taking them in directions not seen before in live action. Superman is very recognizably Superman, and Lois justifies her name in the title.

It's also worth noting that the series' viewership is substantially higher than any other CW super-show, so the "not being paid much attention" comment is disputable.

I want to watch the show. But I think it's horrible so I'm DVRing it to watch sometime long after they've compiled their viewership stats.

I have zero wish to give them the mistaken impression that I'm enjoying it on any level.

edit: That's basically what I did with Black Lightning. I watched season 1 and part of season 2. Then I decided I'd be better off DVRing it then watching the rest after they announced that the show had been cancelled.

13 minutes ago, Bazza said:

So many possibilities and 99.9999% changes that it will all be a cringing hot mess. 

Batman has already become twiggy in a cape.

And while I really hope that WW3 can resurrect the awesomeness of WW1, I fear we will just get more indoctrination.

Superman has already been cancelled.

I would have loved to see a real Zatanna movie based on actual Zatanna, but I am sure it will just have to be "fixed" somehow.

I have hopes for Aquaman3, Black Adam and Shazam.  Dim ones, but still hopes.

The news that they were making Blackhawk just blew me away, then I remembered it was 2021 and the idea of actually using a Blackhawk comic to make the movie will never fly. 

So tantalizing and yet so depressing....

WB/DC is the studio where they just throw stuff at the wall in the hopes that something will stick, and then make sub-par movies after a successful first outing. Box office disappointment follows. Then they decide audiences must want something diametrically opposed to what briefly worked, and they throw something else at the wall. That's how we get Latino Supergirl, black Superman, gender-bent Terry McGinnis, and a desperate "multi-verse" play.

It's sad, really, because the traditional DC superheroes have a lot to offer, and, with the exception of Gadot's Wonder Woman, have yet to be depicted authentically in live action in my view.

Warner studios are run by third generation Hollywood exec s. Ann Sarnoff is the granddaughter of television pioneer David Sarnoff. But what goes with the third generation in the family and business is that they weren’t there to see how the business matured so their priorities tend to be more selfish than the previous generations. They are more concerned with their social stationing their peers, than good customer service and the bottom line. This is why AT&at brought in Discovery to manage Warner Media, because Warner Media was feuding with AT&T management. The whole Black Superman, is spite casting. J. J. Abrams getting brought in was a response to the poor box office of Batman v Superman. They.didn’t care that Abrams is a franchise killer. Abrams is a consummate  politician and can be counted on for initial box office success (followed by audience dissatisfaction). Abrams wife is also one of the founders of the #MeToo movement, so they are linked heavily with the whole socio-political situation in Hollywood, hence the spite casting for virtue points,, at the expense of the characters heritage and the fans. There is a three to five year time between when a script is commissioned to when a film is completed. As such. Bad decisions made now won’t work their way out of the system until 2024-26. Warner’s reputation among industry people is of scattered and out of touch leadership, making inept decisions then blaming failure on anyone bye them. It makes the studio a paranoid and crank middle management hell. There are exceptions but in general there is a lot of pettiness there. I was on eggshells when I had to make deliveries there. 

22 hours ago, Spence said:

The news that they were making Blackhawk just blew me away, then I remembered it was 2021 and the idea of actually using a Blackhawk comic to make the movie will never fly. 

Oh good lord. Can you imagine if they were “faithful to the source material”? 

😂

I’ll be stunned if it’s recognizable.