Remakes/Reboots: What WOULD you wanna see redone?

Cygnia

42 minutes ago, Christopher R Taylor said:

*squinting* unable to tell if satire or just that ridiculous

He was that ridiculous.  What REALLY torqued me was his insistence that Edinburgh was to be pronounced "Eden-Burg" during that show.  I was so PISSED.

(can ya tell I'm still bitter about having that SOB as a teacher?)

Hey, it is our sacred duty to protect children from words! Especially words that might provoke an uncomfortable conversation about what they mean.

I mean, I kinda get it. Teachers are at the mercy of parents who will crucify them for introducing words and ideas to their children which violate their strict moral framework. It is a conflict as old as the 14th century debate over whether or not to let "bugger" appear in the Wycliffe Bible.

Firefly

FOX screwed up by

promoting the show as an action-comedy rather than what it was

showing the episodes out of order so that characters weren't introduced to the audience properly

preempting the show's time slot repeatedly for sporting events

cancelling the series

not showing all the episodes which had already been made (the three episodes not aired were some of the best where the show was really starting to hit its stride, IMO)

Edited by archer
corrected the identity of the network

4 hours ago, Cancer said:

NO!!  YOU MUST NOT TOUCH THE SACRED TEXTS!!

I get you, Amigo.  

I feel like that about The Black Hole.  At least, about my self-made expurgated version, where I erased every scene with VINCENT and BOB after the landing on the Cygnus.

Trust me; it's _way_ better that way.

• 3 weeks later...

If rebooting a good movie counts, there's a lot that can be done with Roger Corman's fantasy comedy The Raven. The original, of course, is sublime. But there's a lot that can be done with the core concepts if you're willing to do the work.

But given the dismal state of Hollywood comedy right now, it might be a stretch.

1 hour ago, Michael Hopcroft said:

If rebooting a good movie counts, there's a lot that can be done with Roger Corman's fantasy comedy The Raven. The original, of course, is sublime. But there's a lot that can be done with the core concepts if you're willing to do the work.

But given the dismal state of Hollywood comedy right now, it might be a stretch.

Only if they can get the wizard duel right. To me, that might still be one of the best magic duels ever shown in film or tv. The total back and forth, spell and counter were excellent and well thought out. I fear with today would just be blast and dodge behind rubble type stuff.