Coronavirus

Steve

32 minutes ago, TrickstaPriest said:

I am said you can't work full time.  That's been the hardest part of this for a lot of people.  Many are furloughed and many small businesses are disappearing.  That's the sort of thing I thought the fed should be stimulating, but...

This is why the government should be supplementing people's incomes right now.  Denmark and the Netherlands straight up pay people 80% of their incomes a month.  Germany is covering payrolls for small businesses and has a very strong unemployment program for anyone who gets laid off anyway.  Zero people in these countries have lost their health care coverage because for-profit healthcare is barbaric and wasteful. 

The federal government needs to supplement the incomes of baristas, waitresses, and theater company workers asap.  It won't happen, but it's what needs to be done.

8 minutes ago, Old Man said:

This is why the government should be supplementing people's incomes right now.  Denmark and the Netherlands straight up pay people 80% of their incomes a month.  Germany is covering payrolls for small businesses and has a very strong unemployment program for anyone who gets laid off anyway.  Zero people in these countries have lost their health care coverage because for-profit healthcare is barbaric and wasteful. 

The federal government needs to supplement the incomes of baristas, waitresses, and theater company workers asap.  It won't happen, but it's what needs to be done.

"Greatest nation on Earth"...sing it loud and sing it proud!

On 4/22/2020 at 2:13 PM, ScottishFox said:

2020 is a low magic campaign.  Pretty sure that's not allowed.  😄

I hope the lady that cuts my hair can use the same excuse because I'm two weeks away from looking like Grizzly Adams.

image.png.e7969a72b908f31655eee28d139b5150.png

I’m surprised nobody has brought back the “Flowbee” for sale as a way to keep hair trimmed while in quarantine.  If nobody sees you, who cares if you look like an idiot?

14 hours ago, Ternaugh said:

Denmark or the Netherlands?

Both are nice

12 hours ago, Old Man said:

Denmark makes LEGO, but I’ve been to the Netherlands and wouldn’t mind living there. 

Amsterdam on Koningsdag is something. This is the King/Queen's birthday (depending who is the monarch) and the Dutch are out on the streets en masse. It is a wonder to behold.

14 minutes ago, Tjack said:

I’m surprised nobody has brought back the “Flowbee” for sale as a way to keep hair trimmed while in quarantine.  If nobody sees you, who cares if you look like an idiot?

I prefer the "Suck-cut" from Wayne's World.

It certainly does suck!