If you're burned out by Coronavirus Fatigue and Political Ad Abuse...

unclevlad

2 hours ago, Pariah said:

I've said it before and I'll undoubtedly say it again: I think it's preposterous that we spend nearly 2/3 of the year pretending we don't know what time it is.

Real time or Daylight Savings time--all year long. Pick one.

I prefer the former option. I don't like having daylight at 9 pm.

How I'm going to get through the next three days without giving myself a heart attack is the challenge I am facing. Trying to concentrate on NaNoWriMo and getting my Fiverr gig running is taking up time, but in the end it's a question of how to deal with the anxiety.

I am glad the campaign is effectively over. I fear what's next, but I'm going to have to try hard to assume anything good is going to happen.

2 hours ago, death tribble said:

I wondered why you lot were out of step. Last Sunday in October is when we tun the clocks back. In the civilised world.

Flipping the clocks back and forth is the opposite of civilized regardless of when you do it.  Also, you misspelled 'civilized'.  ;)

Remember how many ways Shakespeare spelled his name?

Which reminds me that I'm going to be trying to enjoy my Sodastream root beer and caramel soda (with Torani syrup, and absolutely delicious) today while all this sound and fury is going on. remember how Macbeth described life?

It is a tale told me an idiot, full of Sound and Fury, signifying -- nothing.

I've been against daylight savings time for decades.  It is a constant pita in the software and back office support realms.

I once built international invoices that had to adjust time based on the  preferences of each country and whatever time zone they considered real at which times of the year.

Did you know there are individual counties within states that have their own daylight savings time rules?  Like you might be in a state that observes it, but in a county that does not.

Madness.  Pick a time and just deal with the seasonal changes in lighting like every other living thing on the planet.

It's a lot easier for me to deal with setting clocks back in the fall than forward in the spring, but that still doesn't mean easy.  

If I were going to choose one to stay on forever, I'd choose daylight saving, because in the winter north of 45 degrees, it's dark as midnight by 5pm.  

https://www.timeanddate.com/time/dst/2020.html

Bet ya'll didn't think that the southern hemisphere would be completely different, right?  Cuz, well, how many of us live on the wrong side of the line? :)  

So, yeah...between erratic start/end times, and different time zones, it's a big mess.  Remember that some of the time zones are half-hour offsets;  a couple even include 45-minute offsets.

https://24timezones.com/time-zones#gref

3 minutes ago, Spence said:

For myself we need more.  We should make multiple time changes in a year. 

Like, 15 minute time changes 8 times a year instead of 1-hour time changes twice a year?  Sounds fun!

Edit:  Ooo!  Better yet, 1 minute time changes every 3 days, except for every once in a while where it's every 4 days! 

6 hours ago, BoloOfEarth said:

Like, 15 minute time changes 8 times a year instead of 1-hour time changes twice a year?  Sounds fun!

Edit:  Ooo!  Better yet, 1 minute time changes every 3 days, except for every once in a while where it's every 4 days! 

Oh wait, let me see if I remember how this goes.

*ahem*

”Why do you say this to me, when you know I will kill you for it?”