Marvel Cinematic Universe, Phase Three and BEYOOOOONND

Bazza

• Replies 11.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I gave up my Disney+ a while ago. 

I will probably subscribe for a month sometime in the future and watch everything interesting in the first 10 or 11 hours of viewing and then cancel. 

That has been the way of subscriptions for me these days. 

While I know there are many shows people rave about, I usually only find one or two that are actually worth watching.  I tried HBOmax and was severely disappointed in how little they actually had.  

A library may have a million books on the shelf, but if 99.9999999999% are cookbooks the library is cr*p. 

2 hours ago, Pariah said:

I should be able to start watching Hawkeye in the next day or three. The trailers kind of gave me a Die Hard vibe.

I've been very impressed with it. It borrows heavily from Fracton's (sp) run which was excellent. Hailee Steinfeld is an amazing Kate Bishop, and I don't even LIKE the character of Kate Bishop that much as a character so that should tell you something. Renner continues to give us the low key (Not Loki, that's another guy) slightly sardonic archer who is used to being over shadowed by his more spectacular peers, and is now retired. The first two episodes had a very good 'eager newbie' meets 'jaded but still good hearted pro' rapport. 

A good mix of humor, some cool action moments, and memorable background characters/scenes.

Rogers the Musical is just icing on the cake. ;)

As an aside on the Hawkeye show (wish I had the internet data limit to watch), one thing that struck me as funny. Multiple times, Jeremy Renner has played the "NEXT" guy taking over a series - Mission Impossible until Tom decided to stay (Ghost Protocol was supposed to be his introduction), Bourne Legacy as the guy to carry the franchise forward until they resigned Matt, and now he is being replaced by a teenage girl. I mean, in some ways, ya gotta feel for the guy.