Coronavirus

Steve

On 12/7/2020 at 7:18 PM, Cancer said:

Vaccine in hospitals in the UK

Go get you and yer mum shot, DT.

This is more problematic than it first appears. My mother cannot have the flu vaccine which comes out every year as she once had a very bad reaction to it and it could kill her. Whether this has any bearing on her having the anti-Covid vaccine remains to be seen. So we wait and see

1 hour ago, TrickstaPriest said:

Wow.  Just wow.

I shouldn't be surprised, but wow.  Where's this?

Cite.

No idea if this is common in other states, but it wouldn't surprise me.  Then again, we have an especially law-averse landlord population here as a result of the illegal vacation rental problem.

1 hour ago, archer said:

Overheard recently:

"Honey, when I said I wanted to go out in style, I really didn't mean rollers and a hair net."

Could be worse.  The Norseman:  "When I said I wanted to go out in style, I really didn't mean atop a burning pyre on my longboat."

But I don't believe DT is Norse.

5 minutes ago, unclevlad said:

Could be worse.  The Norseman:  "When I said I wanted to go out in style, I really didn't mean atop a burning pyre on my longboat."

But I don't believe DT is Norse.

A Norse is a Norse, of course, of course,
And no one can talk to a Norse of course
That is, of course, unless the Norse is the famous Mr. DT.

Go right to the source and ask the Norse
He'll give you the answer that you'll endorse.
He's always on a steady course.
Talk to Mr. DT.

9 hours ago, archer said:

A Norse is a Norse, of course, of course,
And no one can talk to a Norse of course
That is, of course, unless the Norse is the famous Mr. DT.

Go right to the source and ask the Norse
He'll give you the answer that you'll endorse.
He's always on a steady course.
Talk to Mr. DT.

Damn it, now I have that song stuck in my head.  Thanks a ton.

6 hours ago, Ternaugh said:

Ammon Bundy's group.

If you ask me, domestic terrorists.

And my gosh, what does it take to get through to these idiots?  By WorldOMeters, today's the first day we'll top 200K new cases and 3000 deaths.  We already have, with over an hour left in their statistical day.

I'm venting.  I know they don't listen.  But it is so insanely stupid, and so insanely costly.  And targeting families is moving into jackboot territory.

1 hour ago, unclevlad said:

If you ask me, domestic terrorists.

And my gosh, what does it take to get through to these idiots?  By WorldOMeters, today's the first day we'll top 200K new cases and 3000 deaths.  We already have, with over an hour left in their statistical day.

I'm venting.  I know they don't listen.  But it is so insanely stupid, and so insanely costly.  And targeting families is moving into jackboot territory.

It's sort of mind-boggling that we're on track for maybe passing WW2 in total US deaths by Inauguration Day(also the anniversary of the discovery of the first case here), and a significant chunk of the population still believes it's an overblown hoax.  

9 minutes ago, megaplayboy said:

It's sort of mind-boggling that we're on track for maybe passing WW2 in total US deaths by Inauguration Day(also the anniversary of the discovery of the first case here), and a significant chunk of the population still believes it's an overblown hoax.  

Already passed the raw total per year.

World War II    1941–1945    1,076,245

1m/4yrs = ~250k/yr.

US deaths coronavirus:

286k+/yr* (and counting)

*year... since Jan, or March?  I'd do March, if we are doing a war comparison.  Which is relevant for the next bit:

The rate of population still has some time to get there.  Which who knows what this next month will do.

https://www.google.com/search?q=us+population+1941

133 million in 1941

328 million in 2019

ratio of 2.46616541353

250k/yr*2.46=615k/yr