In other news...

tkdguy

Jennifer Lopez settles lawsuit with photographer

The case is more than it seems.  Apparently, a photog took a random photo of Lopez in NY.  He then licensed it to the Daily Mail.  She later saw the photo and put it on her Instagram and he sued her for using his photo without permission.

This seems wrong to me.

7 hours ago, Starlord said:

Jennifer Lopez settles lawsuit with photographer

The case is more than it seems.  Apparently, a photog took a random photo of Lopez in NY.  He then licensed it to the Daily Mail.  She later saw the photo and put it on her Instagram and he sued her for using his photo without permission.

This seems wrong to me.

The photographer was the one who did the work of taking the photograph. If she wanted her own professionally-taken photo of Jennifer Lopez, she should have paid someone to take one.

48 minutes ago, Cancer said:

This week's asteroid strike preparedness exercise materials

You could use this for a supers scenario or campaign.  Includes a definition of the "unsurvivable" conditions.

I find it interesting that the discussion of the risk corridor mentions the Monte Carlo points but at no point does the risk corridor pass through Monte Carlo.

Looks like the 5-day exercise spots the bolide early enough that an interceptor fleet is sent to deflect it; this is partially successful, but on day 4 it is announced that a big fragment of the bolide will come down on Manhattan and all that can be done at that point is evacuate.  Not quite 911 9/11's, but ....

On 5/2/2019 at 1:27 PM, archer said:

The photographer was the one who did the work of taking the photograph. If she wanted her own professionally-taken photo of Jennifer Lopez, she should have paid someone to take one.

To be perfectly honest, if she had just asked for permission to use the image. It would likely be yes 99% of the time. But photogs get bullied by the folks they help publisise all the time. Some have had enough of that. just adding more context. I agree with you.