Political Discussion Thread (With Rules)

Simon

3 hours ago, death tribble said:

A truck convoy is a target rich environment for A10 Warthogs, F35 Lightning II and Apache Helicopters.  I'm just saying.......

I must admit, there's a certain part of me that would find that rather appealing.  Not a part of me that I'm particularly proud of mind you.

13 hours ago, assault said:

WW2 supply lines went far beyond the term "truck convoy".

I did say WW1 because airpower existed in WW2 to obliterate a truck convoy or anything else like it. One of my grandfathers was at the Falaise Pocket with the artillery used against the Germans so that and the airpower used was enough to render escape difficult to put it mildly. 

True, but the Allied supply lines from the ports to the front were running continuously. Dispersed to a degree of course, but basically a continuous stream of trucks.

Even despite this, the post-D-Day Allied advance was as limited by supplies as by German action, at least after the breakout from Normandy.

14 hours ago, BoloOfEarth said:

There you go thinking with silly concepts like logic and fairness.  If we were to demand the same for Trump, suddenly there would be significant screaming about infringing on his personal freedom.

1 hour ago, BarretWallace said:

There you go thinking with silly concepts like logic and fairness.  If we were to demand the same for Trump, suddenly there would be significant screaming about infringing on his personal freedom.

Pretty sure this was an actual thing with Reagan.

If Biden was out, Harris would be in, with Pelosi.  Maybe they are hoping for Trump as speaker?  >_>

I also don't generally approve of military vs civilian force, even with obnoxious truckers.  Though if the city is shut down and taking it, it kinda suggests the tactic (as an environmentally-themed blockade) has legitimacy...

16 hours ago, BoloOfEarth said:

What test?  Every time he opens his mouth, he proves he has no cognitive capacity.  The problem is that what he says is still accepted as truth by so many.

22 hours ago, BoloOfEarth said:

I have to say this is the guy Fauci called a moron. Here he is proving the claim

CES 

7 hours ago, Pariah said:

Apropos to a conversation I read somewhere else:

"Lauren Boebert is a 10, don't you think?"

"Are we talking about the last grade of school she passed?"

"No, her score on the PSAT.  She actually completed 11th grade."

(Latter part?  She did drop out of her senior year of HS.)

Since this is about Trump, it's too inflammatory to post in news.

From NYT:

Donald J. Trump’s longtime accounting firm cut ties with him and his family business last week, saying it could no longer stand behind a decade of annual financial statements it prepared for the Trump Organization, court documents show.

2011-2020.  No lawyer but this feels like it opens the door to a massive, in-depth re-examination of everything in them.  Which may have the downside of extending the trial for a very long time, unfortunately.

28 minutes ago, unclevlad said:

Since this is about Trump, it's too inflammatory to post in news.

From NYT:

2011-2020.  No lawyer but this feels like it opens the door to a massive, in-depth re-examination of everything in them.  Which may have the downside of extending the trial for a very long time, unfortunately.

It also means that current loans to the Trump organization might be reevaluated for a higher interest rate, and that future loans may be scrutinized a bit more carefully, given the vote of no confidence in the information reported to Mazars by the Trump organization.

A humorous exchange in a not-very-serious discussion about the Democrats' mid-term elections chances:

Tongue-in-cheek pretending to be Biden: "The Democrats will do well in the mid-term elections. And anyone who says otherwise is a dog-walking My Little Pony soldier."

Reply from a random guy: "I disagree fats! I challenge you to a push-up contest!"

From the Peanut Gallery: "Judging from the pictures, I don't think Biden wears push-up bras. So you'd probably win...."