In other news...

tkdguy

I have no idea where to best place this, 

but I have been up well-beyond bedtime looking for something-- anything-- and I though maybe you fine folks might know something.

I recall a few years ago (a couple years ago?  Hell; I'm not sure.  The older I get, the faster they go by.  Seems kind of crappy as a life path model: the closer you get to the end, the faster it comes.  Who the Hell thought _that_ was the way to do it?! )

Anyway-- "some while back" an Italian doctor was going, by "X" date, to transplant the head of a disabled Russian man onto another body.

I've spent the past two hours looking for updates on that, but I've come to the conclusion that it just didn't happen (not that I thought it would, at least not successfully, but hey-- crackpots advancing science?  Well-known for its significance: as anyone who has had heliobacter pylori completely cured. 

Anyway-- has anyone heard different?  Did this nut actually convince someone to do the whole "Head of Vekna" thing?

Thanks.

Duke

5 hours ago, Duke Bushido said:

I have no idea where to best place this, 

but I have been up well-beyond bedtime looking for something-- anything-- and I though maybe you fine folks might know something.

I recall a few years ago (a couple years ago?  Hell; I'm not sure.  The older I get, the faster they go by.  Seems kind of crappy as a life path model: the closer you get to the end, the faster it comes.  Who the Hell thought _that_ was the way to do it?! )

Anyway-- "some while back" an Italian doctor was going, by "X" date, to transplant the head of a disabled Russian man onto another body.

I've spent the past two hours looking for updates on that, but I've come to the conclusion that it just didn't happen (not that I thought it would, at least not successfully, but hey-- crackpots advancing science?  Well-known for its significance: as anyone who has had heliobacter pylori completely cured. 

Anyway-- has anyone heard different?  Did this nut actually convince someone to do the whole "Head of Vekna" thing?

Thanks.

Duke

The original story you're looking for is probably this one from 2017.

https://nypost.com/2017/11/17/professor-claims-doctors-successfully-performed-human-head-transplant/

I haven't heard of an update since March this year when that doctor claimed to have successfully severed then fully repaired a spinal cord, which is the main stumbling block to a head transplant. He claimed to be ready to start human trials on a head transplant.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/world/2019/03/27/italian-chinese-surgeons-cite-spinal-cord-repair-head-transplant-canavero-xiaoping/3287179002/

22 minutes ago, Duke Bushido said:

I agree.   All that time and effort could be spent making a _good_ movie instead. 

;)

Make a Good film, inconceiv... I have my pitch ready, Frame by frame remake, but Gender swap! I think we could be Hemsworth for the prince, them get some female empowered humorists, and Whamo! Am I right?...