Batman vs. Superman: Dawn of Justice

• Replies 933
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On Chris Reeve's portrayal of Clark Kent:

Bringing Up Baby: "Christopher Reeve based his performance as Clark Kent in four "Superman" movies on Cary Grant's "David Huxley" from this film."

Superman: "For his portrayal of Clark Kent, Christopher Reeve based the performance on Cary Grant's character in Bringing Up Baby (1938)."

Source for both is IMDB.

I've seen the movie now and apparently Mexicans love Superman. So why is it that I can't stand him?

Someone made a comment earlier that they didn't like Batman's nightmares. I thought the nightmare about an apocalyptic future where Superman had taken over the world was the best part. I wish the whole movie had been based around that concept. That would have been great. The movie as it is, however, was mediocre. I liked the overall story but the execution was disjointed. Case in point: The action is ramping up and Batman and Superman are about to fight. So let's watch Wonder Woman checking out videos of other superheroes on her laptop. That really killed the momentum of the movie at that point. (Not that I disliked that scene. I just think it should have come earlier.) And that was just one of many points in the movie where I would have rather been drinking a big ole glass of Granny's Peach Tea. :P

That may be--but BvS's version of Luthor reminded me of someone else.

Think about it.

The flaming red hair.

The manic personality.

He designs weapons for sale to anyone.

The flaming red hair.

The hatred of superhumans.

The creation of weapons to destroy them.

The flaming red hair.

Remind you of anyone yet?

Because he reminds me of this guy--

Syndrome.jpg

Am I wrong?  I don't think so.

I wonder if this has occurred to Holly Hunter.  Ya think?

That may be--but BvS's version of Luthor reminded me of someone else.

Think about it.

The flaming red hair.

The manic personality.

He designs weapons for sale to anyone.

The flaming red hair.

The hatred of superhumans.

The creation of weapons to destroy them.

The flaming red hair.

Remind you of anyone yet?

Because he reminds me of this guy--

Syndrome.jpg

Am I wrong?  I don't think so.

I wonder if this has occurred to Holly Hunter.  Ya think?

Perhaps, if you're saying BvS Lex is a poor imitation that pales in comparison.

At least that can't happen in Civil War -- Steve's mom was Sarah, and Tony's was Maria.

But I was guilty of even worse obliviousness. After nearly 50 years of comics reading, I needed someone on these very forums to point out to me that "Giant Man" was just "Ant Man" with "Gi" in front of it. :slap:

At least that can't happen in Civil War -- Steve's mom was Sarah, and Tony's was Maria.

But I was guilty of even worse obliviousness. After nearly 50 years of comics reading, I needed someone on these very forums to point out to me that "Giant Man" was just "Ant Man" with "Gi" in front of it. :slap:

And never once did he ever wear a gi

• 2 weeks later...

Placing someone high up the production ladder who knows and respects the DC comics characters is an essential first step to successfully translating them to film. It remains to be seen if Geoff Johns will have enough creative input to really make a difference; that bit from the article asserting that "Warners still wants to remain filmmaker-driven" worries me.