Political Discussion Thread (With Rules)

Simon

Aaaaand so ends Mike Flynn's tenure as National Security Adviser.  Guess someone had to take the fall for the Manchurian Candidate.

This week on Presidential Apprentice: after stumbles from both Kellyanne and Mike, we had to say goodbye to the scrappy National Security Adviser, and narrowly avoided a double-elimination.

I just got back to China, my one trip back to America in a year coinciding with the first weeks of the Trump presidency.

Did I actually witness, after all that talk about it only being the illegal immigrants being the focus, and that democrats were being unfair in characterizing it otherwise, that the first move was to ban a bunch of legal immigrants?

Is he actually going to tweet about most every episode of SNL?

I was actually baffled for the whole time.

Don't worry - they'll deflect it by having someone else do something scandalous so the news cycle abandons it before it gets fully absorbed by the public.

It's worked every other time.

Except this isn't being driven by the media. It's being advanced by deeply concerned members of the Intelligence Community. I don't see them giving up or letting go of this.

America is currently living in a twisted version of the Truman Show. Soon the Director will step out and yell cut, and the Don will go back to hosting his Apprentice shows.

Or maybe that's just me.

Between Trump winning the election and Bob Dylan winning the Nobel Prize, I've half-seriously wondered if we're living in the Matrix and the code has been corrupted. Or the new sysop has a really sick sense of humor.

Dean Shomshak

I don't supposed this is really related to nothing on this thread, but in the interest of not polluting the forum, I'll post it here.

I took my wife to a very nice restaurant on Valentine's Day, and just before we were done eating, she said she could see me start scowling because our governor, and Trump's nominee for ambassador to China, Terry Branstad walked by. He was still in the lobby when we left, but I ignored him since I knew my wife would be embarrassed if I said something nasty to him on the way out.

I'm glad she was there, because anything I would have said almost certainly would have been a cheap shot, I like to think I'm better than that.

Sometimes I'm not.