In other news...

tkdguy

Heh, I actually did really good in art history class in college.  Actually one of the more interesting classes I had in college.  But, let's just say I liked it more for the history part.  I appreciate pre-1700* art much more than what came later.  By 20th century, well I don't do Picasso, to put it simply.

*well maybe on up till early 19th century.  Loved the classical stuff in antiquity, Renaissance and Baroque periods.

12 hours ago, Badger said:

I don't understand art.

I don't understand allegations that demolitions counts as art.

Lucius Alexander

The palindromedary says it was just one painting, let's now blow it up out of proportion

11 hours ago, Badger said:

Heh, I actually did really good in art history class in college.  Actually one of the more interesting classes I had in college.  But, let's just say I liked it more for the history part.  I appreciate pre-1700* art much more than what came later.  By 20th century, well I don't do Picasso, to put it simply.

*well maybe on up till early 19th century.  Loved the classical stuff in antiquity, Renaissance and Baroque periods.

If it's not Baroque, don't fix it.

32 minutes ago, Lucius said:

Lucius Alexander

The palindromedary says it was just one painting, let's now blow it up out of proportion

Look up "detonography" for a fascinating art form involving plastic explosives.

8 hours ago, Lucius said:

Lucius Alexander

Fair enough I guess, but what counts as "art" doesn't make any sense sometimes. 

22 hours ago, Lucius said:

Lucius Alexander

21 hours ago, Cancer said:

Look up "detonography" for a fascinating art form involving plastic explosives.

"I now do what other people only dream. I make art until someone dies. See? I am the world's first fully functioning homicidal artist." - the Joker, Batman (1989)

4 hours ago, Michael Hopcroft said:

"I now do what other people only dream. I make art until someone dies. See? I am the world's first fully functioning homicidal artist." - the Joker, Batman (1989)

detonography, done right,  is not lethal.

To the artist nor anyone else.

Lucius Alexander

The palindromedary used to think the only time blowing up counted as art was when a photographer did it

Yeah, this could do a lot of bad things to the Florida Panhandle and SE  Alabama. North and South Carolina  are also going to be hit with more rain in areas that may not be fully drained from Florence.  I'm not seeing a big increase in traffic on I10 as I expected  for an evacuation. Thankfully this one has missed us here. It not even raining and the sun is peeking out of the overcast.