In other news...

tkdguy

On 7/26/2019 at 3:19 PM, Cancer said:

As an American, though one who has lived most of his years on the Left Coast, but spend a total of a dozen in Texas, New Mexico, and Indiana ...

... collectively we are weather wimps.

If India or Africa decided that air conditioning was "necessary", we'd only be doubling the world electricity consumption, approximately.

If it's too hot OR cold OR wet OR dry for you, don't live there!

I felt this way when I lived up north.  If going outside means you will die then God clearly doesn't want you to live here.

I left the frozen, murderous wastelands 30+ years ago.

Funny. 

I left my hometown of Circle, Alaska and went straight to Georgia.  Unfortunately, I arrived in the middle of winter and thought "sweet!  I can ride all year round down here!" 

When the job finished up, I stayed. 

That first summer, I was hospitalized twice for heat prostration.  I'd give a leg to get back to the frozen whatever it was you called it.  :(

22 minutes ago, Duke Bushido said:

That first summer, I was hospitalized twice for heat prostration.

The first rule of Heat Club is that you get a comfortable indoor job working with computers.

One of the guys I play D&D with here is in construction and due to the heat down here he has to take a couple of gallons of water to work with him AND a jar of pickle juice to prevent electrolyte problems. 

Triple-digit heat plus physical labor is a recipe for disaster.

58 minutes ago, Old Man said:

Yet another mass shooting, this time in Dayton. Something like 10 people down. It’s almost as if the thoughts and prayers do nothing. 

Oregon district, couple blocks full of bars and restaurants that play live music.  My cousin's band plays there frequently, but not last night.  The wife and I have been there.

On 7/25/2019 at 12:35 PM, death tribble said:

Climb every mountain, cross every sea ! Well maybe not. French inventor fails to fly over channal with flyboard.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-49108632

If at first you don't succeed, fly, fly again. French inventor crosses channal with flyboard

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-49225001