DC Movies- if at first you don't succeed...

Cassandra

7 hours ago, Grailknight said:

He look more like the White Magician which would tie-in to the Perez run Cheetah origin.

IMDB has him as Max Lord.

They could be fusing the two characters in some way, or it's possible the McGuffin Lord is using to grant wishes was provided by the White Magician, who could be used in a later movie.

8 minutes ago, Pattern Ghost said:

IMDB has him as Max Lord.

They could be fusing the two characters in some way, or it's possible the McGuffin Lord is using to grant wishes was provided by the White Magician, who could be used in a later movie.

I say that because of the shots of him in all white suits. Not a Max Lord thing but a trademark of the White Magician so I do think they fused the two.

The wish granting is also a White Magician thing.

None of this is new...

Wonder Woman and mythical /magical stuff? That's the Peanut butter to her jelly.

Max Lord being revamped? Man, the comics did that when they turned him from a kind of lovable flim flam artist who reformed to be a better man, to the guy who hated heroes all along and shot Ted Kord... (STILL ticked about that)

Magical powers source for a guy who wasn't connected to it? See Sivana in the Shazam movie, from super scientist to occult chaser (Still a darn good movie)

So I'm not really upset if they are using a magic gemgaw for Lord

On 12/13/2019 at 6:41 PM, Hermit said:

None of this is new...

Magical powers source for a guy who wasn't connected to it? See Sivana in the Shazam movie, from super scientist to occult chaser (Still a darn good movie)

So I'm not really upset if they are using a magic gemgaw for Lord

The sivana thing is straight out of Geoff Johns reboot.

CES

3 hours ago, csyphrett said:

The sivana thing is straight out of Geoff Johns reboot.

CES

True! 

But I guess what I'm saying is shifts in methods, background, and personality (Which can be good or terribly bad) aren't atypical for the material.

Heck, Mr. Freeze got the best backstory of his career imo from the Animated series.

4 minutes ago, Hermit said:

True! 

But I guess what I'm saying is shifts in methods, background, and personality (Which can be good or terribly bad) aren't atypical for the material.

Heck, Mr. Freeze got the best backstory of his career imo from the Animated series.

Mr. Freeze didn't have a back story before that. The reboot didn't impress me, and since I didn't like it, I didn't see the movie.  Johns, and Goyer, have a way of making magical monsters scientific that just grates on my nerves, and I have seen fan fiction/hobby/unpublished writers do better work.

CES 

1 minute ago, csyphrett said:

Mr. Freeze didn't have a back story before that. The reboot didn't impress me, and since I didn't like it, I didn't see the movie.  Johns, and Goyer, have a way of making magical monsters scientific that just grates on my nerves, and I have seen fan fiction/hobby/unpublished writers do better work.

CES 

To each their own opinion then.

3 minutes ago, death tribble said:

One of two records that could get me out of my seat and dancing. The Passenger by Iggy Pop was the other.

A good chopice, but I have a mix of old 80'

s dance tunes I call "Music by Work by" with things like Obsession by Clan of Xymox, Alphaville's "Dance with Me",  plus some new stuff like Dolya Riska, byt the cheese people, and Dog blood, by Chella Ride (which is the soundtrack to a martial arts fight scene in a movie playing in my head). But my love for the 80's is eternal.