DC Movies- if at first you don't succeed...

Cassandra

6 hours ago, Spence said:

Well, basically the Harley Quinn that resembled or evoked a harlequin.  I really haven't read many comics after they abandoned the character concepts and went all grunge/murder/blood and babbled about how villains were cool and heroes were just other mentally unstable villains.  

It verges on painful to read some of the recent "stuff" even if the "art" is actually comic art. 

But this new HQ is spot on spitting image for a hooker that had a regular spot outside the base back in the mid-80's. 

I know that a lot of people have bought into the "new" modern comic with all its dark grunge with the concept that everyone is evil including the heroes and murder is OK as long as you meant well.  And that is OK.  You like what you like.

But I personally find it sad that the anime and manga My Hero Academia is more "superhero" than a majority of DC and Marvel. 

But once again it's just an opinion.

That's because you're almost as old as Old Man. It's okay. The MCU has done a better job than some of the comic writers on the characters they work on monthly. It's crazy to think that superheroes are being done better by other media than the one that spawned them, but there it is.

Except for Zach Snyder. WB should never have given him Superman.

CES  

• 1 month later...

Apparently, Black Adam will be in theatres in 2021 starring The Rock.  I honestly wasn't too interested in it until I read this:

In an interview with Comic Book, Black Adam star Dwayne Johnson has confirmed a new detail about his highly-anticipated DC movie, revealing that the classic DC superhero team Justice Society of America will finally be making its’ DCEU debut in the upcoming anti-hero film.

I tried watching Aquaman and it was... boring.

Black Adam looks puzzling to me, it looks like they're trying to make this infamous villain into some kind of anti-hero.

Already figured would go in thinking its not really the Joker, but again more a variant of Michael Douglas in Falling Down

Haven't seen it but I hear its basically a cross between King of Comedy and Taxi Driver.

3 hours ago, Bazza said:

The Scorpion King comes to mind...

He was a villain when he was just a supporting character in the Mummy franchise. When his Scorpion King character became the lead in a movie, Johnson did the hero's journey thing.

OTOH

he did end up as a villain in the movie version of Doom.

• 2 weeks later...