DC Movies- if at first you don't succeed...

Cassandra

The Salkinds pulled this stunt once before, with Richard Lester no less. They shot The Three Musketeers as a single film, paying the actors accordingly for the one film they were contracted for, and then split it up into two films, the reasoning being that the movie was too long and would likely fail at the box office at its full length. The furor over this resulted in the infamous "Salkind Clause" that has been in all SAG contracts since then, making it illegal to sign actors to a single film and then splitting up the footage and releasing more than one from it.

On 6/12/2019 at 8:22 PM, zslane said:

The streaming landscape is so screwed up right now with everyone scrambling to play their part in the Great Splintering of the digital entertainment space. I'm just going to sit back and watch it all turn to ash, and then see which services are still standing after the Great Reckoning occurs.

"Now all streaming is Tacobell"

On 6/7/2019 at 4:12 PM, Old Man said:

If that movie was set in the seventies that costume wouldn't be weird at all.

If it was set in the 70s she'd be conservatively dressed! And the background could be explained as either disco lights or an LSD flashback!

I don't mind the I-am-woman-hear-me-roar-Grrrl-Power! aspect of Batwoman, but I've seen Ruby Rose fail to act her way out of a paper bag on more than one occasion and life's too short to waste any of mine on more of the same.

13 hours ago, Matt the Bruins said:

I've seen Ruby Rose fail to act her way out of a paper bag on more than one occasion and life's too short to waste any of mine on more of the same.

That's fair. I will give her a chance though; sometimes it takes a little while for an actor to settle into a new role. This might just be the role that fits her well enough that she pulls it off. After all, anyone who suffered through the first season of Legends of Tomorrow until it got "good" (not me, BTW) should be able to go the distance with Batwoman, at least until it gets good too.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...