Political Discussion Thread (With Rules)

Simon

12 hours ago, Ranxerox said:

Are you sure?  Russia and China seems to be the obvious takers on this offer.

It’s possible that the Russians are actually the current regime. Many inexplicable actions suddenly make sense when viewed through the lens of “What would Putin want?” 

The presence of two large oceans, along with the fact that no other nation (nor all of them combined) has the naval capacity to transport an invasion force of sufficient strength, combined with the very, very large number of Americans who could mount an armed resistance, makes the United States functionally uninvadable at present.

Subversion, on the other hand....

So it's up to Canada then.

Sure, they'll have assistance, including, I'm sure, from Hermit's arch-nemeses, but the Canadians will have to bear the main weight.

It's a shame Britain is suffering from US-style imbecility (Mad Cow disease?) at the moment too, because they would be an obvious potential participant.

You can find your own pictures.

51 minutes ago, Ragitsu said:

Why not a pincer attack?

"...and that concludes the chapter on the Canadian-Mexican invasion of the United States of America."

Pincer? I hardly knew her! 

So. Had a discussion with some handy young people (Niece1 and Nephew4), who are the ones who would have to do the invading. They clarified their position on going to America in any capacity  right now. It is: "Nope nope nope they have guns there." So you're going to have to take care of this on your own. All your problems: Coronavirus, guns, Aquaman, all of them. (What? I'm not the one that brought up Hermit's nemeses!) 

On the other hand, I wouldn't be a Canadian if I didn't have some smug and condescending advice for my American cousins! Have you thought about going back on your meds?

13 hours ago, Old Man said:

It’s possible that the Russians are actually the current regime. Many inexplicable actions suddenly make sense when viewed through the lens of “What would Putin want?” 

I try not to go there. 

13 hours ago, Old Man said:

I dont want to go there. If I change Putin to CCP I  worry I will end up questioning half the nation's decisions the last 30 years.