Marvel Cinematic Universe, Phase Three and BEYOOOOONND

Bazza

• Replies 11.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As I recall, Hela is only that powerful in Hel. Although I may be mis-remembering.

One thing I do know is that Hela is not as powerful as the Destroyer and Thor has already defeated it.

Hela's power level is a little bit inconsistent, though she's generally as strong and tough as Thor, can kill an Asgardian simply by touching them, and her magical powers exceed Loki's and sometimes venture close to Odin's.

Anyone else notice that Immigrant Song is reflected with Thor coming FROM the land of ice and snow, to being an "immigrant" to Sakaar?

Proof that Thor 3 can Ragnarok and roll.

We come from the land of the ice and snow

From the midnight sun where the hot springs blow

The hammer of the gods

Will drive our ships to new lands

To fight the horde and sing and cry:

Yes. We know each other. He is a friend from work.

Hela's power level is a little bit inconsistent, though she's generally as strong and tough as Thor, can kill an Asgardian simply by touching them, and her magical powers exceed Loki's and sometimes venture close to Odin's.

Usually she's a lot less powerful than Odin, and has been depicted as inferior to major death gods of other religions like Pluto and Seth in terms of personal power. But Marvel's Aesir don't have near-rivals to their skyfather the way the Greek and Egyptian pantheons do—she's clearly the second most powerful of them if you don't count monstrous enemy figures like Surtur and the Fenris Wolf. And in Hel and Niffleheim her control over the environment and inhabitants boosts her into their weight class.

In any event, Odin himself hasn't been depicted as all that much more powerful than Thor in the MCU.

I'd settle for cattle prod and pepper spray. Mostly because I want them to suffer.

A lot.

For a long time.

Then maybe some chemical accelerant and a blowtorch.

Just to make them hurt for a bit longer.

If you want them to hurt longer, I'd ditch the accelerant. That might end it too soon.