A deep sadness

My older brother Joel died yesterday.  He had been suffering from RSV for weeks and suddenly he just was gone.  I know none of you know him or probably even care but he was the world to me.   He was the one who got me into role playing games.  He taught me to love the blues and Pat Metheny.  He provided for me and housed me for decades when my health failed.  He was my biggest fan, supporter, and promoter for my writing.  I love him so much and I miss him so badly it hurts so much I can hardly breathe right.  Everywhere I go, everything I see brings back a flood of memories and emotions and it is so hard to take.

I just need to say something about him here because the whole world should have known my dear brother Joel Aaron Taylor.  I want to shout it to the universe, I want everyone to know how wonderful he is and how much I miss him.

Thank you for your patience with me.

17 hours ago, Lord Liaden said:

I'm so sorry you have to go through this, but it's a great tribute to your brother than he left such a legacy of love. The grief you feel now, as awful as it is, is a testament to how well Joel lived his life.

I agree with this comment.  When my first wife died, everyone here was a great help.  Regardless if the loss is sudden or gradual,  it's still a surprise that we don't expect.  MUCH condolences your way in this time of sadness from everyone in my house to yours,  and blessings too.  Lights a candle.