Coronavirus

Steve

1 minute ago, Pariah said:

My school is providing box lunches (and breakfasts). Student comes in, gives their code, takes the box and leaves. In and out in under a minute.

It's not ideal, but it's better than kids not eating.

Looks like someone was thinking it through. 

7 minutes ago, Pariah said:

My school is providing box lunches (and breakfasts). Student comes in, gives their code, takes the box and leaves. In and out in under a minute.

It's not ideal, but it's better than kids not eating.

That's what we're doing here as well. Coordination will improve over the next few weeks. 

7 hours ago, Pariah said:

If you find that you're suffering from a fever, you should probably get yourself to a health care professional.

I did, thank you. But no fever was found. They diagnosed me instead with the good old-fashioned common cold. I'm still going to self-quarantine until Wednesday., when I am next scheduled to work.

I am also wondering if I will actually be needed at my tax preparation office. I can;t help but think the company is going to get their heads together overnight and decide what to do with the sites and workers.  The trained tax preparers can work mostly from home if they have to. That doesn't work for a front desk worker. I can get on the intranet from home, but I can't do anything there because my work is entirely different -- scheduling, getting people to answer questions, and greeting and tending to clients in the office itself.

Still, I was already scheduled to take Monday and Tuesday off.I don't know how long I will have to stay isolated like this. It's lasted more than a week for Mom so far -- she's not quite locked into her room, but it's close.

11 minutes ago, Michael Hopcroft said:

I did, thank you. But no fever was found. They diagnosed me instead with the good old-fashioned common cold. I'm still going to self-quarantine until Wednesday., when I am next scheduled to work.

I am also wondering if I will actually be needed at my tax preparation office. I can;t help but think the company is going to get their heads together overnight and decide what to do with the sites and workers.  The trained tax preparers can work mostly from home if they have to. That doesn't work for a front desk worker. I can get on the intranet from home, but I can't do anything there because my work is entirely different -- scheduling, getting people to answer questions, and greeting and tending to clients in the office itself.

Still, I was already scheduled to take Monday and Tuesday off.I don't know how long I will have to stay isolated like this. It's lasted more than a week for Mom so far -- she's not quite locked into her room, but it's close.

I checked and the IRS hasn’t extended the filing deadline yet, but it seems inevitable. 

Went grocery shopping today.

There is no TP anywhere in this county.

Well, I know where there is some, but I can't get there till Monday-- people never consider looking at commercial concerns.   Don't get me wrong:  I don't _want_ to have to buy a fifty-roll box of the stuff, but as of this afternoon, this house contains four women, and there is _one_ roll left.....

(what the Hell do they _do_ with the stuff?  Eat it?!  )

and people are morons.

1 hour ago, Duke Bushido said:

Went grocery shopping today.

There is no TP anywhere in this county.

Well, I know where there is some, but I can't get there till Monday-- people never consider looking at commercial concerns.   Don't get me wrong:  I don't _want_ to have to buy a fifty-roll box of the stuff, but as of this afternoon, this house contains four women, and there is _one_ roll left.....

(what the Hell do they _do_ with the stuff?  Eat it?!  )

and people are morons.

THey are preparing to not be able to buy anymore toilet paper for 2 years.  Nevermind, if they didn't go on a shopping binge for it, that that problem wouldn't be a problem.

1 hour ago, tkdguy said:

I may be able to file for unemployment, since California has made some provisions for people who have been temporarily laid off. I'll file online and tell a couple of coworkers.

Sorry to hear about your job tkd.  FWIW I think you're going to have a lot of company in a month or two.

1 hour ago, Badger said:

THey are preparing to not be able to buy anymore toilet paper for 2 years.  Nevermind, if they didn't go on a shopping binge for it, that that problem wouldn't be a problem.

I have to say, one thing I wasn't anticipating was the closure of stores that sell TP.  Or the possibility of a really bad recession that might affect the production and distribution of it.