car flipped

archer

My kid flipped her car a few minutes ago and is trapped inside. I'm not able to do stuff like walk or talk intelligibly this morning so my wife and other daughter are en route to the accident scene.

She was able to call us and tell us she's not badly hurt

Prayers and best wishes are solicited. Given my current state, It's likely to be a long while until I update you.

3 hours ago, archer said:

My kid flipped her car a few minutes ago and is trapped inside. I'm not able to do stuff like walk or talk intelligibly this morning so my wife and other daughter are en route to the accident scene.

She was able to call us and tell us she's not badly hurt

Prayers and best wishes are solicited. Given my current state, It's likely to be a long while until I update you.

It will be okay, Archer. She called you, so you know she wasn't that badly hurt. The door probably jammed so she couldn't get out. Just hold on.

CES  

She's battered and bruised but didn't hit her head or hurt her joints that we can tell. 

The roads were a sheet of ice. She was going very slowly and just turning into the parking lot on her way to work. 

She turned the steering wheel but the car didn't turn at all. She tried straightening out her steering wheel then the car started to slightly turn. It missed most of the entrance and her front wheel ran up on a large decorative rock. Since there wasn't any detectable coefficient of friction under any of the other wheels, the car flipped as the other wheels just slipped out from underneath.

The site manager came out to see why the main entrance of the parking lot was blocked and see if there was anything he could do to help so even though no one was able to get through on the phone to her place of work, they were eventually filled in on why she wasn't there. Whatever emergency personnel responded to the accident had to break the windshield to get her out.

My wife didn't call an ambulance since they're swarmed over with emergency calls from around the city. And since she wasn't sure she could drive safely to an emergency room either to drop off or pick up a patient (not to mention the COVID risk of trying to deal with an emergency room), she just came on home with everyone.

The car is safely at a body shop sans windshield and the paperwork there filled out. The insurance company has been called.

I've got a migraine, no sense of balance, and a lightly sprained ankle and I wasn't even in the accident. On the other hand, I can form entire spoken sentences now and managed to feed and water the cats without assistance.

Anyway, everyone was home and asleep by the time I woke up again so I don't have any news more than what I got from a phone call earlier.

This wasn't the kind of paperwork nightmare and expense that we needed but apparently, at least, things could have been much, much worse. Five people were killed in a single vehicle accident near here on the icy roads yesterday morning.

Very glad to hear things turned out and that she is was not seriously hurt.

I can say that modern cars are very well designed to protect the occupants.  I rolled my car on the interstate doing 70 driving cross country back in 2000 and walked out of the hospital 5 hours later with nothing more serious than full body bruising.  I am a HUGE proponent of wearing seat belts, they really do mean the difference between walking away and not.

My brother spun out on black ice...LONG time ago.  SUPER easy to do, unfortunately.  And, not a great kinda day...a mother on Nextdoor posted that her 17 year old daughter had Covid-19...a BAD case.  As in kidney failure bad.

Which brings up:  was watching ESPN basketball coverage.  Jimmy Dykes was bemoaning that the weather for Monday, the high was going to be in the single digits.
In Fayetteville, Arkansas.

If it's that way, and with this in mind:  be careful and stay safe, everyone.  And my sincere hope that any problems you have, get better soon.