Coronavirus

Steve

2 hours ago, Lord Liaden said:

Per some evangelicals, if you accept Donald Trump as the appointed instrument of God you'll be raptured into Heaven at the imminent End of Days. Would that do?

I'd rather stumble across a sylvan portal to some fantasy world with sufficiently advanced and widespread magic. With any luck, I'll find a secluded village of kindhearted gnomes I can reside with.

I got my test back. Negative. I was on the downside of symptoms by the time I took it, and it's not an approved test, so there's a chance I had a mild case. Then again, there's a chance I didn't.

On the down side, I threw my back out Tuesday morning and can barely move. So, I'm missing a second week of work regardless. Going to have to burn that vacation time to make it up.

4 hours ago, Pattern Ghost said:

I got my test back. Negative. I was on the downside of symptoms by the time I took it, and it's not an approved test, so there's a chance I had a mild case. Then again, there's a chance I didn't.

On the down side, I threw my back out Tuesday morning and can barely move. So, I'm missing a second week of work regardless. Going to have to burn that vacation time to make it up.

it is terrible that having a debilitating injury requires you to burn PTO if you want to feed the rest of your family while you are unable to move without intolerable levels of pain. Especially if that means you can't take that time later to get well-deserved rest and recreation or do something significant you can't do the rest of the year.

8 hours ago, Lord Liaden said:

Per some evangelicals, if you accept Donald Trump as the appointed instrument of God you'll be raptured into Heaven at the imminent End of Days. Would that do?

I am a Christian, who doesn't believe in that rapture.  I find a get out of jail free card for the end of days goes against the whole persevere against the testing of your faith throughout the rest of the teachings.

8 hours ago, Ragitsu said:

I'd rather stumble across a sylvan portal to some fantasy world with sufficiently advanced and widespread magic. With any luck, I'll find a secluded village of kindhearted gnomes I can reside with.

Aren't gnomes just ewoks without fur?

I might could go for this

11 hours ago, Dr. MID-Nite said:

It'll take a death toll in the millions for this to be taken seriously.

8 hours ago, Old Man said:

I don’t think it would be taken seriously even then. 

It'll be taken seriously when people with millions die.  Many people with many millions.